The CUHK Chemistry Summer Camp for Early Admission is organized by the Department of Chemistry, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) every year for senior undergraduate students and postgraduate students, who have strong interest in pursuing PhD study of chemistry in CUHK. The CUHK Chemistry Summer Camp 2023 is now open for application. Students who have strong interest in applying for the MPhil-PhD program of chemistry in CUHK in Fall 2024 are welcome to apply for the Chemistry Summer Camp 2023. Selected applicants will be invited to attend the Chemistry Summer Camp and receive detailed schedule in late May, 2023. Through the summer camp program, students will better understand the research in the Department of Chemistry and be aware of the postgraduate student life in CUHK.
|Date:||17-21 July, 2023|
|Target applicants:||Students who have strong interest in applying for the MPhil-PhD Program of Chemistry, CUHK in Fall 2024|
|Program:||Briefings on research of individual professors, campus tour, visit of laboratories, individual meeting with professors, and meeting with postgraduate students|
|Fees:||Free of charge|
|Accommodation and travel allowance:||Non-local participants will be provided on-campus accommodation free of charge for four nights and cash travel allowance.|
|Opportunities:||After the Summer Camp, selected students will receive conditional offers of admission to the MPhil-PhD program of the Department of Chemistry, CUHK in 2024. Outstanding students will be recommended to compete for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS). Details of HKPFS can be found on the website of the Graduate School.|
|Application:||The following application documents should be sent by e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org” on or before 5 May 2023.
· Completed application form
· Curriculum vitae;
· Copy of official transcript (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) of all tertiary level studies;
· Copy of official score report for English assessment (The graduate school of CUHK requires TOFEL-iBT overall at least 79 or IETLS overall at least 6.5 for admission);
· Copy of certifying letter (with official stamp) for your ranking in the class with total number of students;
· Any materials that the applicants think helpful to the applications.
|More information:||· Every PhD student in the Department of Chemistry, CUHK receives postgraduate studentship (HK$18,025 per month for 2022-23)
· The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship awardee receives a stipend of HK$ 26,900 and additional benefits.
· For the general admission requirements, see the website of the Graduate School, CUHK