The CUHK Chemistry Summer Camp for Early Admission is organized by the Department of Chemistry, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) every year for senior undergraduate students and postgraduate students, who have strong interest in pursuing PhD study of chemistry in CUHK. Due to the COVID–19 pandemic, the CUHK Chemistry Summer Camp 2021 will be held online on 12-16 July, 2021, and is now open for application. Students who have strong interest in applying for the MPhil-PhD program of chemistry in CUHK in Fall 2021 are welcomed to apply for the Online Chemistry Summer Camp 2021. Selected applicants will be invited to attend the Online Chemistry Summer Camp and receive detailed schedule in early July. Through the summer camp program, students will better understand the research in the Department of Chemistry and be aware of the postgraduate student life in CUHK.
|Date:||12-16 July, 2021|
|Venue:||Online (details to be announced)|
|Target applicants:||Students who have strong interest in applying for the MPhil-PhD Program of Chemistry, CUHK in Fall 2022|
|Program:||Lectures, experience sharing, individual meetings|
|Fees:||Free of charge|
|Opportunities:||After the Summer Camp, selected students will receive conditional offers of admission to the MPhil-PhD program of the Department of Chemistry, CUHK in 2022. Outstanding students will be recommended to compete for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS). Details of HKPFS can be found on the website of the Graduate School.|
The following application documents should be sent by e-mail to “email@example.com” on or before 25 June 2021.
· Completed application form
· Curriculum vitae;
· Copy of official transcript (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) of all tertiary level studies;
· Copy of official score report for English assessment (if available);
· Copy of certifying letter (with official stamp) for your ranking in the class with total number of students (if applicable);
· Any materials that the applicants think helpful to the applications.
· Every PhD student in the Department of Chemistry, CUHK receives postgraduate studentship (HK$18,025 per month for 2021-22)
· The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship awardee receives a stipend of HK$ 26,600 and additional benefits.
· For the general admission requirements, see the website of the Graduate School, CUHK