Applicable to students admitted in 2023-24 and thereafter
The Dual Undergraduate Degree Programme in Chemistry is collaboratively offered by The Department of Chemistry of CUHK and the Department of Chemistry of the University of Manchester (UoM). In this four-year Dual Degree Programme, students will study at CUHK for the 1st and 2nd years, and then at UoM for the 3rd and 4th years. Upon completion of this Dual Degree Programme, students obtain two Bachelor Degrees of Chemistry (one from CUHK and one from UoM).
Students may apply for the dual degree programme once they admit into the B.Sc. programme
To be officially admitted into the Dual Degree Programme, students should meet all the requirements below:
1. Applicants should have outstanding performance in secondary school, with a particular emphasis on Chemistry and English language
2. English language:
- GCSE English Language Grade C (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England); or
- IELTS (Academic) minimum 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in any component; or
- TOEFL (Internet-based Test) minimum 90 with no sub-score below 20; or
- an acceptable equivalent
3. Outstanding major and overall GPA in CUHK Year 1 & 2
4. Passing the oral interviews conducted by CUHK and UoM selection panels
Note: The DDP will not be made available to students admitted with advanced standing and senior-year entrants of CUHK.
|1st year (at CUHK)|
|2nd year (at CUHK)|
|3rd year (at UoM)*†|
|4th year (at UoM)*†|
*Students will be required to pay tuition to the home university only.
† Students will also be required to pay all other fees that may be applicable to regular degree students at the host university when studying there,
e.g. textbooks, accommodation, student union fee, etc. and other extra costs incurred by studying overseas.