Vice-Chancellor Assistant Professor
Room 160 Science Centre
(852) 3943 6371
||Ph. D. , The Chinese University of Hong Kong
||B. Sc. , Nankai University
||Vice-Chancellor Assistant Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
|2019 – 2022
||Postdoctoral Scholar, University of Chicago
|2018 – 2021
||Research Associate, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Methodologies involving transition metal catalysis and photo-/electro-catalysis
- Preparation and property study of new organoboron complexes and functional materials
- Application of organoboron in synthesis and late-stage functionalization of drug molecules
Honors and Awards
||Suzuki Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
||Ministry of Education Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Awards, Second-class Award in Natural Sciences
||Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
- Lyu, I. Kevlishvili, Y. Xuan, P. Liu, G. Dong, Boron Insertion into Alkyl Ether Bonds via Zinc/Nickel Tandem Catalysis. Science 2021, 372, 175-182.
- K. Au,† H. Lyu,† Y. Quan, Z. Xie, Copper-Catalyzed Electrochemical Selective B–H Oxygenation of o-Carboranes at Room Temperature. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, 6940–6945. (†co-first author)
- Lyu, J. Zhang, J. Yang, Y. Quan, Z. Xie, Catalytic Regioselective Cage B(8)–H Arylation of o-Carboranes via “Cage-Walking” Strategy. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 4219-4224.
- Lyu, Y. Quan, Z. Xie, Transition Metal Catalyzed Direct Amination of Cage B(4)−H Bond in o-Carboranes: Synthesis of Tertiary, Secondary and Primary o-Carboranyl Amines. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 12727-12730.
- Lyu, Y. Quan, Z. Xie, Rhodium-Catalyzed Regioselective Hydroxylation of Cage B−H Bonds of o-Carboranes with O2 or Air. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 11840-11844.
- Lyu, Y. Quan, Z. Xie, Palladium-Catalyzed Direct Dialkenylation of Cage B-H Bonds in o-Carboranes through Cross-Coupling Reactions. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 10623-10626.
- Lyu, Y. Quan, Z. Xie, Rhodium Catalyzed Cascade Cyclization Featuring B-H and C-H Activation: One-Step Construction of Carborane-Fused N-Polyheterocycles. Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 6390-6394 (Highlighted in Synfacts, Synfacts 2018, 14, 0924).